108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Tunesys after adding new disk and Physical disk usage

SOLVED
Go to solution
shang1983
Advisor

Tunesys after adding new disk and Physical disk usage

I have a 3PAR with 12 SSD disk and with 1 Virtual Volume 4TB with Thick provisioning created. Recently we bought another 12 disk to expand the capacity. After adding the license and disk initialization, I perform the tunesys with default setting. I have also provision a new Virtual Volume 2TB thick provisioning. But the allocation percentage of each disk is not balanced. The existing 12 disk allocation percentage is still very high and the new 12 disk allocation are not balanced up. 

What tunesys option I should tweak in order to balance the allocation percentage of each disk?

I also found out the not all the phsyical disk are used. The new Virtual Volume although is exported to Host, but it have not start putting data or files to the new Virtual Volume. 

1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Tunesys after adding new disk and Physical disk usage

Looking at the disk allocations, do "tunesys -chunkpct 3 -fulldiskpct 82 -dr" and look at the task details logs. They should show what would be moved. Then issue the command again omitting the "-dr" option.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo