3746 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP command mode via LAN-connection and PC-Terminalemulation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sven Sprengler

GSP command mode via LAN-connection and PC-Terminalemulation

I have to check why the "Attention" ligth is on.

I can't connect to the system via a console because the system is fare away so i have only LAN-connection with PC Terminalemulator

How can i change to "GSP command mode" to have a look to the Log-files?

Many thanks for every helpful tip

Sven
4 REPLIES 4
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

You must be connected to the console cable, or your computer must have a separate console LAN cable and be configured. A telnet session cannot connect to the GSP. It is a separate computer and only communicates through the 'real' console.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
JASH_2
Trusted Contributor

Sven,

If the gsp is configured, you can use reflections to open a "console" session on the IP address. The default login is Admin and password Admin too. If you have not configured your lan console (gsp) then you need to be next to the server to set it on the console.

Regards,

JASH
If I can, I will!
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you're using the GSP LAN connection, first connect to the GSP and enter the GSP username and password.

At this point, if pressing any key shows a message:
[Read only - use ^Ecf for console write access.]
you must use that key combination (hold down Ctrl, press E, release Ctrl, press C, press F) to get write access to the console. Older GSP firmwares won't require this step.

If the message repeats you made a mistake with that key combination or did not enter it fast enough. When it displays a message like:
[bumped user - ]
you have console access.

Now you should be in the GSP console mode, so pressing Enter once or twice should display the OS login prompt. Pressing Ctrl-B switches to GSP command mode.

SL (Show Logs) is the GSP command to check the GSP logs. To disconnect, use the DI command. Strangely enough, it asks twice to confirm your intention to exit. The first question is "current connections are: ... Do you want to modify this configuration?". When you answer Yes, it asks "Dow you want to Disconnect?".
MK
Sven Sprengler

Thanks