HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1748158 Members
3992 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Guardian Service Processor: remove the flow control condition.

OLIVA_1
Regular Advisor

Guardian Service Processor: remove the flow control condition.

Hello,

I have an issue with a GSP, GSP connection is really slow and I have this message:

Guardian Service Processor WARNING: GSP is permanently flow controlled very likely by
the local serial port. You need to remove the flow control condition.

Someone can help me to reconfigure my GSP ?

Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Re: Guardian Service Processor: remove the flow control condition.

Hi,

It seems you are attaching this to a temninal. On terminal try to chnage flow control (It is a terminal setting)

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Guardian Service Processor: remove the flow control condition.

For a serial console, there are two flow control methods, hardware and software. Software uses the 2 characters, XON and XOFF. When the terminal can't accept data any faster, it sends XOFF to stop the data. When it cathes up, it sends XON. For hardware flow control, there are signals in the cable which regulate the flow of data. If the GSP is configured for hardware flow control, you MUST have a full signal cable, not just GND, Xmit,Recv. Go into the GSP and see what you have. Software is preferred, especially if you really don't have a console but are using some sort of switch box or terminal concentrator. Terminal concentrators can be very difficult to configure as their nomenclature is often cryptic and non-standard.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin