6111 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installation of 11i on a V2250 with teststation issues

Philip Kernohan
Advisor

Installation of 11i on a V2250 with teststation issues

Hoping someone can help.

Attempting to install UX-11i on a V2250 server.

The teststation console currently does not respond to any activity in the console window.

We've already tried the install once by plugging console connection into a separate console. Server rebooted but on directing the boot path to the 11i CD the server complained repeatedly about not being able to bind to a driver - any this point it would be _really_ useful to have the message but unfortunately I do not.

The install is about to be tried again by someone else - can anyone help point me in the right direction to what revision of teststation software I need, firmware revisions on the V2250 and general process for installing 11i on a V2250. e.g. must the teststation software be updated, can the V be installed without the teststation connected etc.

I tried the HP search on 11i installation on V22XX servers but came up short.

All help appreciated.

Regards,
PK
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Installation of 11i on a V2250 with teststation issues

Hi! Phillip,

As far as I know. The workstation should be running HPUX 10.20. For some reason (that I don't remember now), any OS level above HPUX 10.20 is incompatible. Please try to install HPUX 10.20 on the workstation and see if it works.

-Venkat
Experience is the Best Teacher
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: Installation of 11i on a V2250 with teststation issues

Th test station for a V-class CANNOT run anything other than 10.2, so do not try to upgrade it to 11.x
One question to ask, what type of disc/interface are you using for a boot disk, once the OS is loaded?
You may also have to check your V class firmware revisions, an dthat goes for some of the cards as well.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!