108828 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure SAN disk

SlopeZ
Frequent Advisor

Configure SAN disk

Hi all,

i've configured a LUN to a TRU64 5.1A host,
but i can't see the disk in the hwmgr output.
is it necessary to implement some configuration in the SO?

i know the configuration abou domain-volume-fileset with the dskxx, but i can't see the dskxx...

Thanks in advance

Saints!
4 REPLIES 4
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

>> i've configured a LUN to a TRU64 5.1A host,

Are we to assume you are talking about a unit on an EVA and you 'presented' it to the host? HSG? HSZ? First lun on a given HBA/Connection/Controller, a just one more?

Have you tried: hwmgr scan scsi

hth,
Hein.
SlopeZ
Frequent Advisor

hi all,

sorry about my explanation (language limitation).

It's a HSG80, the first unit on this machine.

I've installed EMX drivers 2.14 and reconfigured kernel.
I can see the emx controller like a scp0 on bus 9.

Thanks
Saints.
Mohamed  K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

You have to initialize the disk from the controller level, and asign a unit number to it so It can be seen from the Unix side
HSG> init diskxxxxx
HSG> add dxxx diskxxxxx

(I am assuming that the EVA can be seen from the system and all connections from the EVA to the host are OK)
Then you do a hwmgr -scan scsi from the unix side and them you should be able to see the dsk

HTH
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

Above replies are quite correct, although I personally prefer the command "hwmgr -scan comp" (or "hwmgr -scan comp -cluster" in a cluster).

If course there are many things that can be wrong, e.g.:
- Check your zoning in the SAN
- Check the connection table on the HSG (especially when it's locked on ACS 8.7 or later)
- Check the select storage presentation on the LUN

It's possible that you may need to reboot if the system has not seen the HSG80 before (and still doesn't see it at this time).

Use the command "hwmgr -show fibr -topo" to check whether you can see the ports of the HSG80. Oops... that won't work since you're still on V5.1A. In that case use the emxmgr command and look at the different adapters. You should see the WWN of the 4 HSG80 ports before you can see any LUN.

Can you see the CCL (HSG80CCL device)? You should at least see that device, if the above is steps are correctly configured.