1755720 Members
3408 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CX500 to HP Arrays

Rcreddyr
Occasional Contributor

CX500 to HP Arrasys

we have cx500 array using for production setup with databases running on it, we want to migrate from it, could you please suggest which HP Arrays are suitable for this and suggest.
6 REPLIES 6
Rcreddyr
Occasional Contributor

Re: CX500 to HP Arrasys

we have cx500 array using for production setup with databases running on it, we want to migrate from it, could you please suggest which HP Arrays are suitable for this and suggest. currently it is using 14TB for databases. which model of HP Arrays are suitable for migrating the same and could you please also suggest advantages,
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: CX500 to HP Arrasys

It's not just about how many TB you can put in it.
How much IOPS is your current setup using might give you some idea.

You may also want to check if the HP products can take care of the migration for you (perhaps by first virtualizing it) or if you need to do the copy yourself.
Rcreddyr
Occasional Contributor

Thanks you.Current storage is around 14TB need to plan for around 100TB extenstion and must support minimum of 1lack IOPS.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

What is "1lack" ? This -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakh ?

An array that can do 100 000 IOPS?

That is quite a lot.

You're going to need lots of spinning disks to get to that level.

Maybe you want to look into something with support for SSD drives and/or tiering.

The 100TB is easy, any/most storage array can get you that (for example 50 x 2TB SATA drives).

The maybe more problematic part is to get something that can provide enough IOPS as well.

Rcreddyr
Occasional Contributor

I understand that CX500 supports array wise total 120000 IOPS, I am just looking for similer performance as of now we are fine with CX500 performance wise, as CX500 is EOL, we are planning to move HP. Could you suggest me is the MSA P2000 G3 or EVA4400 is better option to choose to replace the CX500?

By looking cost wise and performance and capacity wise need your suggestion?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Without looking at the cost I'd go with the EVA4400 as you can put in more disks in the EVA4400 and the it does SSD drives too. Expanding of disks is faster on the EVA than on the P2000.