HPE EVA Storage
1754329 Members
3040 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to check EVA vdisk utilization without logging in to Host?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fenny_1
Super Advisor

How to check EVA vdisk utilization without logging in to Host?

Hi guys,

I want to check the utilization of EVA vdisk without logging on to windows 2003 and RedHat Linux host.

Is there a way/software/utility for this?

waiting for a quick response
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You can use EVAperf on the Command View server. It gives information about all traffic on the EVA.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/whitepapers/5983-1674EN.pdf

Fenny_1
Super Advisor

Dear Vcespoon,

thanks for the reply.

But i dont want to monitor the traffic on EVA.

May be i didn't explained my requirement fully, what i need to know is for example

A Vdisk of 50GB is presented to HostA in January 2010. Now i want to know without logging on Host, how much host A has utilized out of this 50GB.

I hope this clarifies.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The EVA does not know, because it deals with blocks and does not know anything about files. There is an internal tracking if blocks have been written once, which is used for optimizing certain BC/CA operations. But the EVA does not even get told by the host when blocks get free during file deletion.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

You might look into HP Storage Essentials Storage Resource Management (SRM) Enterprise Edition Software http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/e-suite/se-index.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

It uses host agents that passively wait for a 'report on utilization' request from the management server. The management server then collects and generates reports. By the way, Storage Essentials has LOTS of pre-defined reports.

-----
If you like responses, we like points.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo