108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Clearing locked alert status

TheGord
Advisor

Clearing locked alert status

1.20.01-0021397, Dec 11, 2014

Hello to all, 

We have a new OneView appliance install as part of a CS700 v2 deployment.

At some point during deployment the appliance 'lost' management of the primary OA in the c7000 chassis. 
There is an error/alert/health warning on the main dashboard in OneView with a status of 'locked'.

I can refresh the status and OneView looks like it is connected again but I can't clear the alert and get things 'green' again.

I am logging in with the local admin account which is what i understand i need to be using to clear locked alerts but I can't seem to.

if someone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

G.
16 REPLIES 16
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Locked Alerts are conditions that require physical resolution.  You can't clear them through the UI or API.  Anyone with the appropriate role (Server Administrator role in this case) or Infrastructure Administator role, can clear Alerts/Activity that can be manually Cleared.  This is not limited to the Administrator account within OneView.

How are you refresing the status?  Are you going to the Enclosures view, selecting the appropriate enclosure, select Actions menu then Refresh Enclosure?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Zuyderland
Visitor

@Chris Lynch, HP wrote:

Locked Alerts are conditions that require physical resolution.  You can't clear them through the UI or API.  Anyone with the appropriate role (Server Administrator role in this case) or Infrastructure Administator role, can clear Alerts/Activity that can be manually Cleared.  This is not limited to the Administrator account within OneView.

How are you refresing the status?  Are you going to the Enclosures view, selecting the appropriate enclosure, select Actions menu then Refresh Enclosure?

Hello Chris,

We have the same problem.  2 weeks ago i updated the enclosure to the latest firmware and now the servers.

However everything seems to be fine again "Refresh Enclosure" and "Refresh Server" doesn't solve the problem.

Kind Regards,

Ronald Aben

Zuyderland

TheGord
Advisor

Thanks for the reply, 

Yes, I've been going to the Actions menu and selecting Refresh. It then asks me for the credentials. I think this may be the issue as I just realized i'm entering the 'secondary' credentials from the CID. OneView accepts them and the components in the chassis are 'green' but the error does not go away.

I'll try different credentials and see how that goes.

Thanks.

G.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Are you sure the Refresh task is completing successfully?  You don't need to provide the Primary OA IP or DNS name, as OneView will automatically figure that out if you provide the Secondary OA IP/DNS name.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

TheGord
Advisor

New 'refresh' operations complete but digging deeper I see there's one that's been 'running' for 43 days. I need to kill that one off I guess.

TheGord
Advisor

Hello to all,

Ok, so in working with CoE support, we ran a python scrip on the OV appliance to clear some taks and then bounced the appliance a couple of times and that has snapped it back into shape.

Thanks.

G.

JSmid
Advisor

Anybody have any tips for this? All of my server hardware currently has a status of Error due to losing network connectivity. I have verified that oneview can access the blades and I've tried refreshing the hardware/enclosure and rebooting the appliance.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you explain what you mean by "verified OneView can communicate with the blades?"  How did you "verify" this condition?  If OneView can communicate with your infrastructure, then the appliance would clear alerts that were about communication errors.

What version of HP OneView are you running?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

JSmid
Advisor

I just updated the appliance to 1.20.5.

I was able to get a few of the blades in a non-error state after I reset the ILO Controllers, but most of them are still showing the Network connectivity error.

I verified connectivity by deleting the Oneview admin user on ILO then refreshing the server hardware. During the refresh it is then able to re-create the user account. It usually stops when it gets to the "Update environmental configuration." step.

On the other enclosure that was having issues, I removed the Enclosure from OneView and then re-added it, reset the ILO controllers on the blades, and then did a refresh and then the error went away.