5756 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Disable specific alerts

SOLVED
Go to solution
ovuser1

Disable specific alerts

Is it possible to disable a specific alert for a blade chassis? 

For examle. We'd like to temporarily disable this alet Critical The stacking health has changed to disconnected. bladechassisA  interconnect group for a specific chassis. is this possible to achieve? 

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Disable specific alerts

Are you asking if an administrator can disable an alert within the UI?  Today that is not possible.  If you are using the EMail alerting feature, then you can look at the alert details, and use the alertTypeID property to exclude the value in your email filter rule.  Here is an example on an email rule that will capture critical and warning alerts, but not when the alert type is a specific value:

NOT alertTypeID:REPLACEME

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

astacy
Advisor

I want to suppress the new "Overall Security Status" alerts.  Is there away to do that? For context the alert says, "Overall security status of the system is at risk"  The resolution is, "Navigate to the 'Security Dashboard' tab under the 'Information' section on the iLO Web UI in order to evaluate your configuration for potential risks and view advice on improving system security. "

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to suppress alerts within the appliance.  If you are asking about email alerting, then you can add an exclusion rule by looking at the alert details for the trap ID and add a NOT alertId:{IDVALUE}.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

astacy
Advisor

Yes I am looking for a way to filter the email alerting.  I have tried adding an exclusion rule but it's not working.  The alert we receive says, "Overall security status of the system is at risk."  The alert ID for this is 9030 so the exclucsion would look like this: status:warning NOT alertId:9030.  Is that correct?  And if I wanted to a a second one for 9029 would it look like this: status:warning NOT alertId:9030 NOT alertId:9029

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Do you have a full screenshot of the event details?  There should be an snmpTrapID table property name.  You want it plus the value of that property to add to your filter.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

astacy
Advisor

Chris this is from the iLO event log:

The overall security state of the system is at "Risk".

Initial Update 10/16/2020 01:53:53

Event Class 0x23

Event Code 0x491

Recommended Action Refer to iLO user manual or Security Dashboard help page.

astacy
Advisor

Securityalert.jpg

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

You want to use NOT alertTypeID:Trap.cpqSm2OVeralSecStatusChange as part of the filter.  That should exclude the alert from propogating via email to the recipients.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

astacy
Advisor

Still receiving the messages.  This is what my filter looks like.:

Snag_1bf884c.png