HPE OneView
1753797 Members
7106 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Email notifications by DNS name and not iLO name?

HPE_
Occasional Contributor

Email notifications by DNS name and not iLO name?

Morning all,

New user here of OneView and hopefully my question is pretty straight forward.. When we receive email notifications, the Subject/Body of the email will not show the actual server name and instead will show the iLO name that is set inside of iLO. Blade server alerts will also show up as "Enclosure name, bay xx".

Is it possible to adjust this so that notification alerts actually show the DNS name?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Email notifications by DNS name and not iLO name?

Welcome to the HPE OneView forums.  Unfortunately, the email message is static and cannot be changed today.  We always welcome feedback about our product, and use it to help prioritize new or ehnancing existing features.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

HPE_
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @ChrisLynch . So just to be clear.. even though OneView IS able to show the Server Name which is it's Windows name it will always send emails based on either the iLO Hostname if it is a rack server or if it is a blade it will send emails based on the enclosure and bay #?

I can go through the rack servers and manually change the iLO host name to match the server name. Though that would not help with the blade servers since it would report, as an example when a server gets rebooted, "Alert from Enclosure, bay 10 - Server power outage detected.".

Would be nice if there was a OneView option to change it to report the server name and not what I have mentioned above ^^. Unless there is and I am missing it?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

As I stated in my reply, the email message is static and cannot be changed.  So unfortunately, there is no setting you are not able to find to change.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo