1748118 Members
3583 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Get-HPOVEnclosure throws error when using -Report

Adis_S
Advisor

Get-HPOVEnclosure throws error when using -Report

We got the Synergy 12000 Frame for POC, and I was testing some Powershell examples and found out that, if using following will give us incomplete report (stops after that).

Get-HPOVEnclosure -Report

The error messages:

Interconnect Name            Logical Interconnect     State      Status Consistency state
----- -----------------            --------------------     -----      ------ -----------------
      Frame01, interconnect 1 LE_1-LIG_SAS-1      Configured OK                      
      Frame01, interconnect 3 LE_1-LIG_VC_Default Configured OK     Consistent       
      Frame01, interconnect 4 LE_1-LIG_SAS-1      Configured OK                      
      Frame01, interconnect 6 LE_1-LIG_VC_Default Configured OK     Consistent       
Enclosure-Report : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'uri'. -URI must being with a '/' (eg. /rest/server-hardware) in its value. Please correct the value and try again.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\HPOneView.410\4.10.1889.2173\HPOneView.410.psm1:41425 char:45
+ ...        $_EnclosureCollection | ForEach-Object { Enclosure-Report $_ }
+                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Enclosure-Report], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Enclosure-Report

We have only one Enclosure if that matters.

5 REPLIES 5
Sharis
HPE Pro

Hello,

Ideally, the commnad should not return any error.

May be try like this..

Get-HPOVEnclosure      >>> Use this comamnd and get the Enclosure name.

Get-HPOVEnclosure -Name Encl1 -report  >>> use the command with with enclosure name from above command.

Regards,

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Adis_S
Advisor

There is exactly the same error, as this Frame have only one Enclosure it is same if we use the "-Name " parameter for command or not.

Sharis
HPE Pro

Hello,

Somehow i am able to use the command without any issues and not exactly sure why the error was reporting on your setup..

Whether you still getting same error ?

if so, would suggest to log a support case to get more details.

Regards,

Sharis.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Adis_S
Advisor

Are you testing this on an Synergy 12000 Frame? We have two of them (different site) and both on them give us the error when using

Get-HPOVEnclosure -Name <FrameName> -report
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

To discuss or report issues with the HPE OneView PowerShell library, please use the project issue tracker.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo