4592 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE OneView Active Directory

Pavel_Majorov
Occasional Advisor

HPE OneView Active Directory

Hello

hpe oneview 4.07. connent to adctive directory(win srv 2016 ad sc). I installed certificate AD for hpe oneview

213213.jpg

connent AD end error

123123.jpg

Unable to establish trusted communication with the server. The host name specified in the directory server certificate is not in a valid host name format.

Ensure that the directory server is set up with a certificate that has a valid host name. After setting up the directory server with the certificate as specified, add the directory server certificate into the OneView trust store.

3 REPLIES 3
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: HPE OneView Active Directory

Hello

Greetings!!

Remove the ILO certificate add add again. check the status. If the issue remains then please log a support ticket. This needed investigation.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Suvamay 

Possibly you meant to post the response to another thread.
Please recheck.
@Pavel_Majorov is adding an AD server to OneView here, not an iLO.

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Pavel_Majorov 

You seem to have been able to successfully add 1 directory server as I can see from the screen shot that you have shared.
i.e. 10.6.16.17 
However, when do you get the error you have mentioned below?

Unable to establish trusted communication with the server. The host name specified in the directory server certificate is not in a valid host name format.

Ensure that the directory server is set up with a certificate that has a valid host name. After setting up the directory server with the certificate as specified, add the directory server certificate into the OneView trust store.

However, when do you get the error you have mentioned below? Is that when trying to add another directory server?
Or do you see this when you click on "Add directory"?

Possibly it has a name that is unusual in someway, maybe has special characters.
Check the Subject and SAN (Subject Alternate Name) fields in the directory server certificate that you have created and assigned to AD.
Or if it is getting to be too difficult, please do open a support case as Suvamay suggested.

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo