HPE OneView does not support management of "" model servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
HPESeven
Advisor

HPE OneView does not support management of "" model servers

Dear, all, 
Good day to you.

I encountered a situation where I tried to add a server to HPE OneView, but an error message appeared.

Unable to add server hardware: 192.168.1.100
HPE OneView does not support management of "" model servers.

Resolution: Consult HPE OneView documentation for a list of supported server models.

After seeing the error message, I logged into my server's ILO and found that the Product Name and even the SN information were not visible in the iLO GUI, like below.
nonamesn.PNG

I think since the Product Name is empty, therefore there is an error that looks like this:
HPE OneView does not support management of "" model servers.

Have any other guys experienced similar problems?

I have tried:
Upgrade iLO FW  2.55->2.60->2.78->2.81, there is no change,
I didn't reboot the server since there is traffic on it.
The HPE Oneview version I am using is  8.20.00-0475724

Please kindly let me know if you have any ideas, thanks much.

Have a nice day

BR

Seven

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE OneView does not support management of "" model servers

This needs to be set in the Server Setup utility. Seems as if the system board was replaced and that wasn't set. Until it is, you will continue to run into these issues with adding the server to the appliance.

If you need assistance, I would suggest opening a support case.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

HPESeven
Advisor

Re: HPE OneView does not support management of "" model servers

Hi, Chris, 
Good day,
Thanks much for your comments, yes, we will do a test after the Product name resetting.
BTW, I just thought of a question. If HPE OneView determines the server model by recognizing this parameter, but this parameter can be changed manually, it means that I can deceive OneView by modifying this parameter. Of course, this is just my assumption. According to the design of OneView, there must be subsequent steps to adapt to the real server model. Even if a fake name is modified, corresponding errors will appear in the subsequent configuration process.

Thanks much
Seven