HPE OneView
1752794 Members
6230 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Is it possible to ping from the OneView appliance?

SOLVED
Go to solution
MattGG
Advisor

Is it possible to ping from the OneView appliance?

I am having an issue trying to add a 3PAR to HP OneView.  I would like to troubleshoot by making sure that I can ping from the OneView appliance.  I tried to Putty in the OneView appliance,  but it does not respond.

Any options?

Thanks,

-MattG

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

The HP OneView appliance is locked down, and does not provide any remote SSH access to the base OS.  And that unfortunately means we don't provide the ability to PING an IP Address from the appliance.

Some things to check on your 3PAR system:

• Make sure you are providing the IP or FQDN of one of the storage nodes in the storage system.
  • Check to make sure WSAPI is running from a the storage system CLI: showwsapi
  • You may need to forceably restart the WSAPI service:
    • stopwsapi -f
    • wait 30 seconds
    • startwsapi
  • If both the appliance and storage system are on the same subnet, compare subnet masks.
    • 3PAR CLI: shownet
    • OneView Console -> Settings -> Overview submenu -> Appliance Networks

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

MattGG
Advisor

Chris,

The wssapi wasn't started.  Once started I was able to add the 3PAR to OneView. 

Thanks,

-MattGG

Ian5
Frequent Visitor

I realise this thread is from 2015 but in case anyone else hits it with Google, has anything changed? I am struglling to get OV to see several servers and suspect network routing and so would really like ping and traceroot to be available via the GUI. Or is OV being deprecated?

DanCernese
HPE Pro

It's been there for a very long time:2023-02-27_11-56-40.png

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Ian5
Frequent Visitor

Doh - how did I miss that? Many thanks.