1754324 Members
2600 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Load FW hotfixes to oneview - invalid signatures

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Load FW hotfixes to oneview - invalid signatures

@uzimmermann  Multple signature file support was added back in HPE OneView 5.30.  While it isn't really intuitive, the process is as follows:

1. Upload component. 
    Screenshot 2020-11-12 204225.png

It will be successful, but have an error, as shown here.  You will need to click the "Upload signature file" link TWICE, once per sig file.

Screenshot 2020-11-12 204233.png

2. Once the sig files have been uploaded, the component is ready to be used:
    Screenshot 2020-11-12 204525.png

I just reviewed our documentation, and starting with 5.30 through 5.50 this topic is missing.  We wil get that fixed.  In the meantime, the instructions above will get you going.

The sig file change a while ago has to do with a technical limitation in iLO5, resulting in the signature files needing to be split into more than 1 file.

Hopefully this helps.

(The screenshots above were taken from an HPE OneView 5.40 appliance.)

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

Ok, this did work through the GUI but is really not very intuitive. How about powershell? I tried

$HotFixFile = dir ./firmware-ilo5-2.31-1.1.x86_64.rpm

$CompSigFile = dir ./firmware-ilo5-2.31-1.1.x86_64_part1.compsig

$CompSigFile2 = dir ./firmware-ilo5-2.31-1.1.x86_64_part2.compsig

add-ovbaseline -File $HotFixFile -CompSigFile $CompSigFile -CompSigFile $CompSigFile2 

That fails as add-ovbaseline will only accept one -CompSigFile

Tried:

$CompSigFile = dir ./firmware-ilo5-2.31-1.1.x86_64_part*.compsig

add-ovbaseline -File $HotFixFile -CompSigFile $CompSigFile

Add-OVBaseline: Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'File'. Cannot convert the "System.Object[]" value of type "System.Object[]" to type "System.IO.FileInfo".

That also fails.

I really wished that OneView would implement what Repository Version Control Manager used to do, which was to download firmware patches and then just allow you to select the ones you want to have available in OneView to build custom bundles.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Ok, this did work through the GUI but is really not very intuitive. How about powershell? I tried

$CompSigFile = dir ./firmware-ilo5-2.31-1.1.x86_64_part1.compsig

$CompSigFile2 = dir ./firmware-ilo5-2.31-1.1.x86_64_part2.compsig

add-ovbaseline -File $HotFixFile -CompSigFile $CompSigFile -CompSigFile $CompSigFile2 

That fails as add-ovbaseline will only accept one -CompSigFile

Appologies for getting back to this so late.  The reason why this isn't working for you is because you have a syntax error in your script.  You can only specify -CompSigFile once, even though it fully supports an array of System.IO.File objects.

As for the second attempt, it is likely there were multiple files in the directory, which you can only pass in 1 file using the -File parameter.

Regarding Version Control Respository, we are working on addressing that gap.  As this is a public forum, I am not allowed to go into any further detail here.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo