1752513 Members
4831 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: No Permissions in HP Management tab of web client

M22_techno
Occasional Contributor

No Permissions in HP Management tab of web client

When I click on any of the tabs under 'HP Management' (like Server Module Configuration, or vCenter Credentials), I get:

You do not have permission to perform this operation. The Administrator role is required.  Please contact your VMware Administrator to request the Administrator role.

The logged in user (administrator@vsphere.local) has the administrator role.  I used that user when setting up OV4VC. 

(Set up OV4VC 7.7 on 2012 R2 server on ESXi 6.0 host.  Vcenter is appliance 6.0) - (Checked that DNS resolves both ways. Checked certificate name matches vcenter name used during install)

5 REPLIES 5
frogface2012

Have the same issues. HP OneView for vCenter 7.7.0 installed in a vSphere 6.0b Windows vCenter environment. Access to tabs in C# client entirely functional. Access to web client tabs shows the same issue. All users are logged in as administrators and the HP OneView is registered in vCenter via a service account which is an administrative user.

Benjamin Uhr
Occasional Visitor

We have the same problem - any solutions for this problem?

Donald Stubbs
Occasional Contributor

We are having the same messages in the Vsphere Web client   Under HP Management, even for the native vsphere.local\administrator.   This is a fresh installation of HP OneView for VMware vCenter 7.7.1.    Is this a certificates issue?     

I am also  seeing nothing under the "Configuring the Product" and  "Using the Product"  Some helpful input or an answer would  be most    beneficial.    I have also created a one up local vsphere user in the Administrator role/privilege  with the same results.    We are using the Vmware Vcenter Server Virtual Appliance  6 update 1.

You do not have permission to perform this operation.  The Administrator role is required.  Please contact your VMware Administrator to request the Administrator role.

Note:   I am also seeing  4x entries for the HP OneView in the plugin manager on the Vsphere 6 thick client.

mickpsk

Hi Lads,

Are you using custom certificates for your vSphere platform ? 

There is some known issue with machine certificate..., with this kind of message :

"Server certificate chain is not trusted and thumbprint doesn't match"

This KB could maybe help for this issue :

# vCenter Server certificate validation error for external solutions in environments with Embedded Platform Services Controller
http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2121689

Regards,

Mick

gaMMonPiG

Hi all,

Mick's solution worked for me... however I had an External Platform Services Controller setup so the following VMware article pertains to this:

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2121701

Dave