HPE OneView
1752421 Members
5880 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView - AD Account (Invalid username or password)

Scott Cline

OneView - AD Account (Invalid username or password)

We're running OneView 5.00.00.02 VMware appliance and have AD login integration. I am able to login with my AD account. 

However, when browsing and adding a new AD Security Group into OneView, the members of that group are not able to login. They recieve "Invalid username or password. Enter correct credentials and try again."

Also, when adding new users to the group my user account is a member of, it generates the same invalid username error. 

I have removed and readded the directory, I have removed and readded the Directory Server's certificate. I am able to browse our AD and view all OUs and Groups. I don't see any item that would cause this issue.

I must be missing something, but I don't know what it is. 

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: OneView - AD Account (Invalid username or password)

Can you share what username format you are using?  We support Domainname\Username, UPN (user.name@domain.com), Cononical Name (CN) and Distinguished Name.  If you happen to be using the Cononical Name, you need to ensure that it is unique in your directory, otherwise the first one found will be used.  So, I would suggest using any of the other options.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Scott Cline

Thank you. 

We login using domain\user, but I've tried the other methods, all with the same error.

However, I just used a different test account and that one is working as expected. 

I wonder what the deal is with my "problem" account. 

I'll try to look a little deeper into that. 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Are these accounts within the same domain?  Or are you trying to perform cross domain authentication?  Do you have any special OU permissions that would block LDAP lookup for the accounts you haven't been successful with?  Can you connect to a Domain Controller (DC) with ldp.exe from a Windows device, and authenticate to a DC using any of the credentials you have been unsuccessful with thus far?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Scott Cline

My non-working test account is in the same domain and OU and other working accounts. 

However, similar to your requested ldap test, I tried using my non-working test account as the Add-Group lookup credentials in OneView and it failed. 

I have obviously broken this test account in some previous manner. I can't imagine what, but it's a hard life being a test account...

I'll try to figure out what and update this post, just to be thorough. 

Thank you for your assistance. Sorry to have wasted your time. 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Well, I'm glad we have narrowed down where the source of the issue could be.  And no, you didn't waste anyone's time.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo