7610 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView Global Dashboard, SSO to OneView is not working

Lodewijk
Occasional Advisor

OneView Global Dashboard, SSO to OneView is not working

Hello,

I tried to use a SSO from the GD to OneView but it failed logging in. I use the same username (domain\name) and password in GD as well OneView. Was somebody able to login using SSO from GD?

Lodewijk van den Berg

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

What version of OneView are you using? While we state 1.20 and newer is supported, only 2.0 and newer supports SSO.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Lodewijk
Occasional Advisor

That's the reason, We still run 1.20.06. I'm afraid to update to 2.0.07 Had lots of problems when updating to patch 6 causing lots of servers losing network connectivity after OneView connected to the production environment after reboot. I will plan the in a company maintenance weekend in March 2017.

Thanks,

Lodewijk

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

There was a nasty issue with updating to 1.20.05 where it would cause outages due to an internal queue issue.  We have not had customers experience outages updating from your release to 2.00.07.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

RobinR

Hi Chris,

I have one Global Dashboard with two Oneview Appliances configured. One is version 3.0, the other one 2.00.07.

I have all three appliances configured with Active Directory.

If I connect to the global Dashboard with a domain account, I CAN use SSO to the 3.0 appliance, but NOT to the 2.0 appliance.

If I connect to the 2.0 appliance I get only the login screen and re-enter my credentials.

gibby82
Occasional Visitor

I am also having this issue - both appliances are up to date and configured for AD authentication. 

Henry_B
Occasional Advisor

This isn't working for me as well. I'm required to login to each of my OneView appliances when going from Global Dashboard out. I'm using my Active Directory account. My AD group is in each appliance.

If I'm logged in as the admin in Global Dashboard, I am able to use the SSO feature on all OneView appliances.

Global Dashboard: 1.5

OneView appliances: 3.10 - 4.0

My role is Operator, Infrastructure administrator

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

This should work. I'll be doing some retesting to check in the next few days.

Note that there are some special considerations for OneView two-factor login which inhibit SSO in that case.

Regards,
Bruce

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

Note that it is important to  configure Global Dashboard and OneView to use the same AD directory server. Based on my testing, choosing different directory servers from the same AD server pool may not be sufficent to permit SSO. 

Regards,
Bruce