HPE OneView
1754980 Members
3080 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: [OneView licenses] Server migration to a new OneView Appliance.

SOLVED
Go to solution
David94
Occasional Contributor

[OneView licenses] Server migration to a new OneView Appliance.

I cannot upgrade our OneView appliance which manages our Rack servers and our C7000 blades, because unless I am mistaken, the latest ONEVIEW versions do not support the C7000 Chassis and our BL460c.
So I deployed a new appliance in 8.7, then I wanted to move a server there that had an ilo OneView Advanced license.
I noticed that the new appliance did not take into account the Advance license, but just the license w/o ilo.
Is there a procedure to maintain the OneView Advance license?

2024-02-29_16h16_33.png

I also tried to insert the license that I had retrieved using Powershell, but that was unsuccessful.

This is not a license that is part of an advanced license pool but rather a license that we purchased with the server.

Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
DanCernese
HPE Pro

I am not familar with our license implementation; but you may want to investigate setting up an HPE OneView 8.0 appliance and use the "Server hardware migration" feature that will take care of license migration.   Only 8.0 can "receive" a migrated server from 6.6; then you can upgrade that 8.0 through each subsequent milestone.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

The license key string provided by the PowerShell Cmdlet Get-OVLicense is the actual license key you would use to add to an appliance.  Do know that PowerShell will truncate the output, omitting characters.  As Dan suggested, we introduced the ability to migrate supported servers from a 6.60 appliance to another appliance (starting with 7.0 through 8.0 and is no longer available in 8.1 and newer).  This will also help migrate licenses for managed servers.  I would explore the opportunity to use that feature if you are able to.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

David94
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your feedback.

I will reinstall an appliance in version 8.00, I will test the migration of my servers and then I will upgrade the appliance.

Thank you for everything,

David94
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for everything, deploying a OneView appliance in version 8.00.00-0470555 solved my problem.

I was able to discover with joy that the migration:
- Servers
- Server Profiles
- Server Profile Templates
were automatic....

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @David94,

That's Excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know the problem has been resolved and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo