HPE OneView
1752587 Members
5134 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Only Operator role is available for AD users

MWT44

Only Operator role is available for AD users

Hi. When connected to HP OneView Global DashBoard using Active Directory authentication, only Operator role is available . I can't see the possibility to change the role from Operator to Infrastructure Administrator for Active Directory users . It seems that differents user roles are available only for local users. Is it correct? Is it possible to change role from Operator to Infrastructure Administrator for AD users ?
I am using OneView Global Dashboard version 1.0. I didn't open a support case with HP Support yet.

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MLeeper
Occasional Advisor

I'm having a similar issue.  I am looking to add an AD group with readonly view.  The individual OneView appliances have the group setup as Readonly but when added to the GD, they are given Operator access to the GD appliance.  This gives them modify rights to much of the appliance configuration.

rohw
Advisor

We just set up a OneView Global Dashboard, version 1.10, and I don't see any place to configure which role is associated with AD accounts.  I don't think it's possible at this time.  In the user guide, the list of tasks that can be done by the Operator role looks to be pretty much everything you would do on a daily basis.  I would still like to be able to choose which role to use for AD accounts/groups, instead of using local accounts.  Maybe the next release?

Just found this in the Global Dashboard user guide for 1.10:

Local user accounts can be assigned to the role of Infrastructure Administrator or Operator. Accounts authenticated using a
directory service are always assigned to the role of Operator.

Matthew Ingram
Regular Advisor

We really need a way to map an AD group to a read-only role as well.