HPE OneView
1748200 Members
3443 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OV 5.0: Enclosure Add/Refresh => error Determine Port map connections ...

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

OV 5.0: Enclosure Add/Refresh => error Determine Port map connections ...

Hello,

I am using a fresh installed HPE OneView 5.00.01 to import an enclosure whose OA is at v4.9.5 with Virtual Connect of 4.7.5 and I get an error. This error occurs on refresh and add and is at the following stage of the refresh.

Determine port map connections between servers and interconnects

The certificates for VC and OA are in the OneView Certificate store. The OneView Certificate is trusted by the OA. When on the OA, such connections can be seen just fine.

This is new since I upgraded from version 4.0... Anyone have any ideas. I have looked at user permissions, the user has the porper permissions unless there is something I do not know about. This user has worked in the past.

HP VC FLex-10 Enet Module shows clear circle and not green in 'Rear View' of Enclosure dashboard.

OV in Monitor Mode.

Troubleshooting:

• Verify user works when login to OA directly, it does.
  • Verify certs are registered, they are (on both sides).
  • Added VC cert to OV, done.
  • Verify VC shows proper networks, it does.
  • Upgrade to latest Firmware (OA - 4.9.5, VC - 4.7.5), done.
  • Upgrade to latest OV, done.
  • Verify OA is in VCMode, done.
  • Reset OA VCMode, done.
  • Link from OA to VC, sends me to login screen.
  • Remove/Re-add, same issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Best regards,

Edward Haletky

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

As long as the Onboard Administrator account you are trying to use is a member of the OA Administrators group, then it is not an OA permissions issue.  LIkely this is a networking issue from the appliance to the OA.  Some examples could be firewall, disabled XML Reply, and in some rare cases hypervisor networking issues.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello Chris,

No firewalls involved, unless there is one on the appliance I do not know about.

Is there a disable XML reply on the OA  I can check?

OneView and OA are on the same subnet and network. No DFW, or anytype of firewall in the way.

-Edward L. Haletky

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes, under Network Access in the OA, you can verify if XML Reply is enabled or disabled.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Enable XML Reply is checked. FIPS is disabled, IP restrictions are disabled. ENable FQDN Link support for accessing ILOs and interconnects is checked. I 'apply' the settings just to be sure and ... same error at 'Determine port map connectiosn between servers and interconnects' stage of refresh.

Any other logs to look at?

Interesting though, the VC link on the 'Enclosure' summary points to HTTP not HTTPS so does not actually work. Could there be an http vs https issue? http will fail.

-Edward L. Haletky

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

And you are trying to add a supported C7000 enclosure to the appliance?  At this point, I would suggest opening a support case to further troubleshoot this issue.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello Chris,

C3000 actually....

I will go through the network options one more time... It looks like a timeout somewhere.... More log access would be very useful here.

-Edward

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

That is the source of the issue.  HPE OneView does not support the c3000 enclosure, even monitoring it.  How many c3000 enclosures do you currently have and need to monitor?  Are you looking to replace those in the near future (6-12 months)?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello Chris,

No, not looking to replace my enclosure. I only have the one and it used to work which means something changed and if it is unsupported, should state as such somewhere. when trying to use HP OneView. IMHO, since it did work, it should still work. I cannot change due to power requirements. Nor do I need more than the blades I have, so a C7K is a bit overkill.

The tool works fine except for this one area. It monitors everything but the interconnects just fine.

Best regards,

-Edward Haletky

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The HPE BladeSystem c3000 enclosure has never been supported, of which only the c7000 enclosure has and is documented in the HPE OneView Support Matrix.  Can you provide the version of OneView you have from the Settings page? 

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo