HPE OneView
1755696 Members
3615 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

PoSH Update-OVServerProfile Staging Updates

K_011

PoSH Update-OVServerProfile Staging Updates

Having some issues  when updating the Server Profile Template firmware baseline, that the attached server profiles are not updating automatically on the next reboot. I'm unsure the cause of this, however my question is more around the PoSH modules used to do this.

I'm trying to batch the server profile list for Update-OVServerProfile but use the same staging switch that is presented in the gui
when clicking on "Update from Template"
"Stage automatic updates from template to occur when <location> is powered off via OneView.

I can't seem to find a way or proper syntax with Update-OVServerProfile that allows this.
The plan is to update the Server Profile Templates, then runn a script to force every attached server profile to Update from Template and stage the update for the next reboot.

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: PoSH Update-OVServerProfile Staging Updates

The -Stage parameter is supposed to be used.  However, there is a bug within the Cmdlet where the parameter evaulation has a typo.  I just created an issue on the Github project tracker, here.  I'll have it fixed in an 8.30 library update I'm about to publish.  I'll backport it to 6.60 and 8.00 libraries soon.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

K_011

Thank you for the info/response. Are you able to share an estimated date this update will be released? 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I'm just wrapping up an update to the 8.30 library.  So if all goes well, then a newer release will be available by this weekend.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

K_011

Updated to the new release of 8.30.3660.2366, but encountering the same issue as before.

I've attached some screen shots of the output, maybe I'm just over looking something in the switching syntax, so far all attempts have resulted in the same failure to Stage anyupdate that requires a power off state. Trying to use this with the -Baseline switch was not allowed.

When trying to stage serverprofiletemplate update to reapply firmware baselineWhen trying to stage serverprofiletemplate update to reapply firmware baselineUPdate-OVServerProfile2.jpg

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Are you sure this is the same server as you are trying through the GUI?  Let's move this discussion to the GitHub Issue tracker, where you can supply more information about this issue.  Please create an issue here, and then provide the log file created when executing Get-OVCommandTrace -ScriptBlock { Get-OVServer -Name MyServerName | Update-OVServer -Stage -Confirm:$false }.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

K_011

@ChrisLynch I'm certain it's the same server, and making the call to the same HPEOV appliance.
I've collected and sanitized the log and shared it here

PoSH Update-OVServerProfile Staging Updates - Error #661