New Discussion

Proper sequence for removing a c7000 chassis from OV

SOLVED
Go to solution
TheGord
Advisor

Proper sequence for removing a c7000 chassis from OV

Hi all, 

We've added new Synergy frames to our environment and are now retiring a c7000 chassis and its BL460 g9 blades, etc. 
We're still going to use the OV appliance to manage our other ProLiants and use OV Global Dashboad to link into the Syngery Composer OV.

So we are going to remove the c7000 enclosure, blades, etc and I'm wondering what the proper sequence is?

profiles, servers, enclosure? Any other caveats?

Thoughts, comments, ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

G.

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Proper sequence for removing a c7000 chassis from OV

Below are the steps to Remove the enclosure from OneView appliance.

1. Remove all defined server profiles in HPE OneView to not duplicate virtual MAC/WWN addresses or serial numbers.
  2. Remove the enclosure from the HPE OneView management appliance.
  3. If you get any error while removing enclosure, you need to “force” remove the enclosure.  If any server profiles are assigned, they too will need to be deleted, with the Force option checked.

During the enclosure removal, the primary VC module will reset to factory defaults.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

While the steps are correct, I wanted to clarify a statement that was made:

Remove all defined server profiles in HPE OneView to not duplicate virtual MAC/WWN addresses or serial numbers.

You do not need to remove any server profile resources.  If you plan on moving the profiles to another compatible BL server resource the appliance manages, then do not delete it.  Also, you do not need to delete a profile just to prevent OneView from duplicating OneView managed hardware addresses.  OneView automatically does this and you cannot override that behavior.  Other than to disable OneView Virtual Assigned address, and instead use the physical address burned into the ROM of the device.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

TheGord
Advisor

Thanks guys, 

I was able to get what i needed done using the steps you mentioned, then i was able to go after the network sets, networks, logical interconnect groups, etc.

Thanks!

G