4995 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

update server IP address in Oneview

kgoucher
Occasional Contributor

update server IP address in Oneview

Looking for help with OneView.

I have multile servers that have been moved to a new site on different subnet and have new ip addresses.

I can't seem to update the ip addresses of the servers in HP oneview.

I have tried adding the servers again but I get an error that the server already exists.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: update server IP address in Oneview

You need to go to the Server Hardware resource, and perform the Refresh option from the Actions menu.  You will then be prompted to provide the iLO address, along withe the credentials again.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

kgoucher
Occasional Contributor

I've tried that option, but it doesn't work.

I get the following errors.

Refresh Error 2m 46s

Validate server information.
Refresh server attributes.
Validate OneView account on the management processor.
Configure iLO for management.
Configure event settings.
Configure NTP (Network Time Protocol) settings.
Configure single sign-on (SSO) settings.
License server hardware for "HP OneView Advanced".
Update environmental configuration.

1. Issue

Unable to retrieve asset tag information from the iLO.

Resolution

Refresh the server.

2. Issue

Unable to register this HP OneView instance with iLO: Connection error to iLO 192.168.0.85 : Connection refused.

Resolution

Ensure network connectivity to the iLO is available, reset the iLO using iLO web interface, wait for iLO to restart and refresh the server. If the problem persists, power cycle the server, wait for the server to complete Power On Self-Test (POST) and then refresh the server.

3. Issue

Unable to configure SNMP settings on the server iLO, which are required by the appliance for server management.

Resolution

Ensure network connectivity to the iLO is available and then refresh the server hardware.

4. Issue

Unable to configure NTP (Network Time Protocol) settings on the server iLO.

Resolution

Ensure network connectivity to the iLO is available, then refresh the server hardware. If the problem persists, reset the iLO and then refresh the server hardware again. If the problem still persists, remove and re-insert the server hardware.

5. Issue

Unable to configure single sign-on (SSO) settings on the iLO at 192.168.30.203, which are required to launch the iLO web interface and Java console without credentials.

Resolution

The iLO might have reached the maximum number of stored certificates or it might have an invalid certificate. Login to iLO at 192.168.30.203 to remove any unneeded SSO certificates. Reset the iLO and refresh the server hardware. If the problem persists, contact your authorized support representative and provide them with a support dump.

6. Issue

Failed to apply an "iLO Advanced" license to the iLO. The license key may be invalid or there is a conflicting key already on the iLO.

Resolution

Verify iLO connectivity and that the iLO does not have a conflicting key already installed. In the event the iLO key within the HP OneView Advanced license key is bad, you can delete an HP OneView Advanced license key from the appliance using the license delete API (DELETE /rest/licenses/60). Refresh the server hardware to attempt to apply a new license.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you provide what appliance version you are running?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Rive
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I Have the same issue with Oneview 8.30, after changing ILO IP address:

- I get an error while clicking on "Refresh" and no prompt for the new IP address.

- If I try to "Add Server Hardware":

Unable to add server hardware: 10.x.x.x
         The server is already being managed by this appliance.

Resolution: Select a different server hardware.

Please, anyone can help so I don't have to delete the server?

Thanks.
Rive
Occasional Advisor

I finally fixed it by updating the A record on the DNS server and trying the "Refresh" option again.