1748106 Members
4867 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adding vCenter 6.7 to Primera system

LudwigDCX
Occasional Contributor

Adding vCenter 6.7 to Primera system

Hi, Anyone else having issues trying to add the vCenter credentials to Primera. We first tried via the 3.6 SSMC but gave just a generic error about ports/IPs/DNS name that could be incorrect which is not.

Then I tried directly from the Primera GUI and there is an option to use the vCenter certificate which it can pull in but still not allowing me to add the vCenter with any credentials. Tried on IP and DNS no luck.  

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi Ludwig,

Ideally, it should work with these steps. Login to Primera UI >> Settings >> VMware vCenter >> click on '+' symbol >> add details including vCenter server IP, port and vCenter username and password.

If you still face issues, it requires logs and configuration analysis. I recommend you to open a support case with HPE.

Regards,

Srini

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

WileyThrasher
HPE Pro

I would suggest opening a Support Case for this device via HPE Support Center for assistance. There arent any details on the OS version (important to assure the system is running 4.1.31 or later). And sounds like this could be a browser and/or networking issue.

Wiley Thrasher
HPE InfoSight Champion
HPE Storage 3PAR PEAK Team
Ojai, California

The HP Way
A great corporate culture is a fabric of rules, experiences, myths and legends, relationships, and rituals as complex as any real family - and just as difficult to explain to any outsider. - Bill & Dave
LudwigDCX
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I have logged a support case. Not browser related and not HPE OS specific. Our 3PAR still works when adding vCenter to it. I have tried from the ditect UI on Primera to add vCenter and pull the certificate in which goes that far but won't save settings.

Today we upgraded the HPE OS from version 4.0 to 4.2 and still not working. OS 4.2 created new issues for us where our VEEAM 10 HPE Storage plugin is no longer working for storage backups as VEEAM complains that the Virtual Copy license is not installed on Primera which is utter nonsense. It is installed and enabled by default and I can make manual snapshots on Primera.