HPE SimpliVity
1753943 Members
9426 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot deploy new host to the selected cluster because it contains unresponsive HPE Omnistack ho

SOLVED
Go to solution
RalphYammine
Advisor

Cannot deploy new host to the selected cluster because it contains unresponsive HPE Omnistack host

Hello Team,

After we deployed first simplivity node in the cluster successfully we are trying to deploy the second one but unfortunatly the deployment manager gives us the folowing error:

"cannot deploy new host to the selected cluster because it contains unresponsive hpe omnistack host"

we are using Simplivity 3.7.8 Vcenter appliance 6.5

Please Advice any suggestion ?

Ralph Yammine
4 REPLIES 4
KGman
HPE Pro

Re: Cannot deploy new host to the selected cluster because it contains unresponsive HPE Omnistack ho

Hi @RalphYammine,

It's difficult to say what issue you are hitting here exactly, is this a Hyper-V deployment? I have seen issues where Deployment Manager is unable to reach the node over ports 80 and 443, a quick check would be to reboot the SCVMM server (if applicable) and retrying the deployment.

Otherwise your best approach would be to open a support case with us and we will work on it from there. You will need to provide the following logs, which are generated on the client you run Deployment Manager from (C:\Users\<yourUser>\AppData\Local\DeploymentManager\);

-  FindDeployable.log

-  orchestrator.log

- SvtDeploymentManager.txt

I hope this helps,

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
RalphYammine
Advisor

@KGman

We tried to reboot the Vcenter with no luck ,

The Deployment Manager is unable to reach the node on port 443.

now we opened a case with HPE.. thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Ralph Yammine
RalphYammine
Advisor
Solution

@KGman 

Hello KG ,

it was a network problem between the deployment manager and the omnistak management IP Address

it is Solved.

Ralph Yammine
KGman
HPE Pro

Thanks for following up @RalphYammine and I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this.

All the best!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo