HPE SimpliVity
1753846 Members
8388 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error During Deploy Simplivity Host - step 23 of 31 - An exception occurred configuring OVC

SOLVED
Go to solution
EduardoMoreira
Occasional Advisor

Error During Deploy Simplivity Host - step 23 of 31 - An exception occurred configuring OVC

Hello All,

Could someone please help solve this problem?

I'm having an issue during deploy of two Simplivity nodes HPE Simplivity 380 Gen10 x-Large.

I already have a cluster with two other nodes added at past, working correctly... Now I need to add two more nodes.

My actual nodes have the OmniStack version 3.7.5 and I have executed downgrade of my new nodes for the same version.

During on deploy occured the error below on Deployment Manager Screen:

ERROR: step 23 of 31 - An exception occurred configuring Virtual Controller

And the log file of deployment manager I can see this error:

2019-06-05 13:22:25,604Z ERROR OmniStack-172.17.1.45 [c.s.d.o.Orchestrator] error(DeployLogger.java:98) - step 23 of 3
(45.45%) - An exception occurred configuring Virtual Controller
java.lang.Exception: Host returned list of SSD sizes with 0 entries. Minimum supported = 2
at com.simplivity.deploy.orchestrator.DeployActions.retrieveSsdSizesFromDcs(DeployActions.java:2271)
at com.simplivity.deploy.orchestrator.DeployActions.computeSvaSizingByHwInfo(DeployActions.java:2209)
at com.simplivity.deploy.orchestrator.DeployActions.computeSvaSizing(DeployActions.java:2165)
at com.simplivity.deploy.orchestrator.DeployActions.computeAndSendSvaSizingConfig(DeployActions.java:2131)
at com.simplivity.deploy.orchestrator.CustomerDeploy.runSteps(CustomerDeploy.java:139)
at com.simplivity.deploy.orchestrator.DeployExecutor.run(DeployExecutor.java:439)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2019-06-05 13:22:26,293Z INFO main [c.s.d.o.Orchestrator] logAndSystemExit(Orchestrator.java:552) - System.exit(3) : O
ne or more OmniStack hosts failed to deploy.

I have used the SVT380SP-2018_0529.02.iso package for update/downgrade all firmware of these new nodes, like the interoperability matrix.

Someone Know what is that?

Thank you so much.

2 REPLIES 2
DaveOb
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Error During Deploy Simplivity Host - step 23 of 31 - An exception occurred configuring OVC

At present Nodes are not customer deployable,the purchase of the node will include the initial deployment.

From ILO Boot into the BIOS of the server.
Under system utility >system configuration>select either the p816 or P408 controller.

DO NOT alter the virtual drives on the 208 this controller will only have 2 drives configured in RAID 1

There will be an option to delete array,
Once the drives are wiped retry the deployment,the virtual drives will get recreated during install for the front drives.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
TonyReyes

Re: Error During Deploy Simplivity Host - step 23 of 31 - An exception occurred configuring OVC

- Go to your E raid controller and create a RAID 1 with your 300GB SAS drivers

- Go to your P raid controller and Clear the array using system utilie (it should look like 5 raid 1 drives) 

- Execute factory reset, use an USB DRIVE.  

When you execute the HPe simplivity deployment manager, it creates the raid5 for you.