New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE Simplivit 3.7.9 upgrade to 3.7.10

SOLVED
Go to solution
sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

HPE Simplivit 3.7.9 upgrade to 3.7.10

Hello,

I upgrade one host (Esxi and Ominstack) but after reboot OVC , Upgrade Manage receivce error,, Failed get to  Version information, ,Also svt-federation-show, -- ok svt-vm-show --ok, but there is no commit screen,

11 REPLIES 11
AnkiN
Valued Contributor

@sampiyonts 
How many nodes are in federation?
Are all nodes upgraded to the newer code?

sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

Not all upgraded only i upgrade one by one, because cluster ram is not sufficesnt,

AnkiN
Valued Contributor

Commit option will be displayed once all nodes are upgraded to the newer code.
Can you try with upgrading all the nodes in the cluster and then try to check if you get commit button displayed.

Still you find the same issue then run the CLI command (svt-software-commit) to commit the upgrade by checking the status of upgrade(svt-software-status-show)

sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

svt-software-status-show 

Upgrade Status | OmniStack host VC Name | Version | Can Rollback or Commit | State | Current Feature Level | Cluster Feature Level | Potential Feature Level |
+---------------+------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------+------------------------+------------------+-----------------------+-----------------------+-------------------------+
| SIMPLIVITY-DC | Failed. Restart upgrade. Contact Support if upgrade fails again. | OmniStackVC-10-1-150-21 | Release 3.7.9.279 | No | Failed | 1252 | 1252 | 1252 |
| | | OmniStackVC-10-1-150-22 | Release 3.7.9.279 | No | No action needed | 1252 | 1252 | 1252 |
| | | OmniStackVC-10-1-150-23 | Release 3.7.9.279 | No | No action needed | 1252 | 1252 | 1252 |
| | | OmniStackVC-10-1-150-24 | Release 3.7.9.279 | No | No action needed | 1252 | 1252 | 1252 |
'---------------+------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------+-------------------+------------------------+------------------+-----------------------+-----------------------+-------------------------'

AnkiN
Valued Contributor

@sampiyonts 
The upgrade has failed. You need to check why the upgrade failed and then reinitiate the upgrade.

Once all nodes are upgraded to the latest code you can run commit command.

Incase you need assistance I request you to log a support case.

sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

Hello

other than the first node was upgraded, and waiting commit, but first node, i tried 3 times, every time same error . Failed: Confirmed software version

AnkiN
Valued Contributor

@sampiyonts 
The upgrade on the first node has failed, we need to check why it failed.
As per the output shared it says "Failed. Restart upgrade. Contact Support if upgrade fails again. "
Once the upgrade goes successful on all nodes then only we would be able to commit

MikeSeden
HPE Pro

SSH to the OVC you are trying to upgrade

sudo.su

cd /var/log/

cat svt-upgrade.log will give you a clue as to why your upgrade is failing.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

Hello

the problem is with the ssh port 22. When the open ssh port 22 on host,

Problem fixed