108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Issue to restore granular file

Cdubois
Occasional Visitor

Issue to restore granular file

Hello,

I can't restore a file, error : unexpected HTTP error : 414

Filepath location : C:/ and there is some space in the filename, the support seems to indicate that the granular restore doesn't work for this reason (space in the filename)

Any idea about this issue ? Do you have any KB about this ?

Thanks for help,

7 REPLIES 7
US_SimpliVity
Valued Contributor

Re: Issue to restore granular file

This is a known issue with File Level Restore being tracked by the engineering team.

It is expected to be addressed in a future release of the SimpliVity OmniStack software.

You can identify the issue status be reviewing the Release Notes of future releases, looking for resolution to OMNI-99169.

Here is the Knowledge article recently published on that subject:
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sf000067415en_us

I am an HPE employee.

Cdubois
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply,

I hope this problem will be solved asap !

ACA_RAY
Occasional Advisor

Hello all,

Do we have any idea if this is going to resolved any time soon? The issue is still present on 4.0.1U1 and the release notes for 4.1.0 don't indicate a resolution either.

Cheers

Giroscope
Occasional Visitor

Hey,

Any update for a fix to this problem. Its been 6 months since the article mentioned. After spending hundreds of thousands on Simplivity hardware, you don't expect to have an issue like this. A space in a folder should not cause a file restore to fail.

It's like we are back in 1999 trying to fix the date field in code from 2 characters to 4.

US_SimpliVity
Valued Contributor

Giroscope,

The issue related to the space character in the pathname causing File Level Restore to fail has been fixed in OmniStack Release 4.1.0.

There is a possible workaround for OmniStack Releases 4.0.0 through 4.0.1U1, where the issue is observed.

A Support Case would be needed to affect the workaround.

I am an HPE employee.

ACA_RAY
Occasional Advisor

@US_SimpliVity 

Thank you for pointing that out, I note it's not included in the fixes listed in the 4.1.0 release notes.

I will contact support, I am using 4.0.1U1 and see what they can suggest.

Cheers

skuwlbp
Occasional Visitor

any update on this? Like others we have paid a lot of money for the Simplivity kit and this is a major feature. I see this STILL has not been resolved in v4.1.0 release notes. Especially annoyed as we were pushed to upgrade from 3.7.10 where it was working and now on 4.0.1u1

Restoring a VM in full to retrieve a single file is not a good workaround.