HPE SimpliVity
1757756 Members
1902 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion

New Motherboard on Cisco UCS 240 M4SX now host can't connect to storage vm's inaccessible

SOLVED
Go to solution
jfer2022
Occasional Advisor

New Motherboard on Cisco UCS 240 M4SX now host can't connect to storage vm's inaccessible

Hello,

Had our motherboard replaced on this server. Host is up and OS is up we use this with simplivity 3.7.3.95. ESX 6.0, yes I know it's older.  Anyhow, Host is up and OVC is up, all looks green in CIMC.  I'm seeing network connectivy is down for a few VMNICS for standard switch that connects to the storage network/simplivity netowrk. When I get into the ESX host I can see there are 2 vmnics that are admin link status up but link status is down. Not sure how to resolve this, can anyone help?

I think if I can get these virtual nics enabled again I think i'd be ok. All servers show xxxxxxx (inaccessible) as the storage location can't be connected since the vmnics can't communicate to it. 

2 REPLIES 2
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: New Motherboard on Cisco UCS 240 M4SX now host can't connect to storage vm's inaccessible

@jfer2022

If you have inspected and ensure there are no physical issues with the NIC or cables, the command I can think of to try and enable the vmnics would be: 

esxcli network nic up -n vmnicX

esxcli network nic down -n vmnicX

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
jfer2022
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: New Motherboard on Cisco UCS 240 M4SX now host can't connect to storage vm's inaccessi

@gustenar It turns out this article is what we had to do https://community.hpe.com/t5/hpe-simplivity/simplivity-tia-card-replacement-w-o-redeploy/m-p/7170567#M3413

reconfigured UUID on OVC VM

After we did this, all worked.