108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Redeploy an existing host. 3.7.7.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Palonge
Occasional Advisor

Redeploy an existing host. 3.7.7.

We have a single host in a single data center that we used for testing. We would like to redeploy it into our main SimpliVity Cluster. I have the reload img file, but is there some clean up I need to do in the federation before I remove and redeploy?

It is all the same hardware Gen10 and running 3.7.7.

Thank you!
Peter

4 REPLIES 4
MikeSeden
HPE Pro

I am assuming that the test node was in a different Federation so a factory reset of the node and reimage when deployed to the new Federation/Cluster would be in order.  The other nodes that you are adding it to would have to be at 3.7.7 as well.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
gustenar
HPE Pro

The only other thing I would add is that you remove the host from inventory before redeploying it again, so the deployment manager doesn't complain that it already exists. To remove the host from inventory, right click on the host and choose > Remove from Inventory.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Palonge
Occasional Advisor

This is already part of the same federation, I really just want to remove it from it's datacenter and add it in to our existing 4 node cluster.

Would I still need to reload?

Thanks!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This email transmission, and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it, may contain information that is legally privileged or otherwise confidential to include customer and business information. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized person for the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this information, or any action taken in reliance on the information contained within this email, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender and then delete the message (and any attachments) from your computer and/or network. Thank you.
gustenar
HPE Pro
Solution

Yes, If you need to move a host from a cluster to another in the same or different datacenter, you need to remove it from federation and redeploy to new cluster. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo