1751708 Members
5457 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Removing Nodes from Federation

BenH10
Advisor

Removing Nodes from Federation

I have been working on adding new nodes and then removing old nodes from an environment. I have added the new nodes into the federation and setup all associated networking. I have been having troubles with VM Storage HA statuses since removing one of the old nodes from the environment. 

After running svt-vm-show I get alot of Storage HA States of UNKOWN. Is there a way to force synchronization? I am only getting Storage HA states of YES and UNKOWN. 

3 REPLIES 3
MikeSeden
HPE Pro

There are some dsv- commands that might do what you wish, but I suggest opening a support ticket and letting a SimpliVity support engineer help you get everything synched. You can use the --noHA flag to upgrade. Figuring out where the secondary is and letting the primary know can be done with manual balancing. Have the nodes been joined to the federation?

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
BenH10
Advisor

I contacted simplivity support and was told this is normal, and to wait for the OVCs to balance everything automatically. 

MikeSeden
HPE Pro

That is great! If your question is answered please mark it so, If I was any help, kudos are always nice!

Mike

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo