5110 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Simplivity menu not present in html5

Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Simplivity menu not present in html5

Hello

we have installed latest firmware and plug-in versions . We noticed however that using html5 client the simplivity menu are not present

5 REPLIES 5
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @Stefano Colombo

Depending on what you are trying to do exactly, this may be expected behaviour.

Please read all refences to html5 in the following document:

https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=1010292248&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00056458en_us

Let us know if your issue remains the same after reading html5 refernces in this admin guide.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Hello 

maybe I'm missing something but what I mean is that , as an example , selecting a Datastore and clicking on "action menu" I don't see any simplivity menu , for extending it or applying a backup policy

Capture.JPG

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @Stefano Colombo

This is expected behaviour.

Options available in html5 are a lot less than those available with the full web client.

I have tested in the lab just now and see the same results.

From Admin Guide:

For vSphere Client (HTML5), access HPE SimpliVity objects as you would without the HPE SimpliVity Plug-in. For example, click Global Inventory Lists to see the available objects and select them. You can then click Actions > All HPE SimpliVity Actions to perform HPE SimpliVity tasks. However, you can only access a limited number of options. You cannot access all the HPE SimpliVity options available through vSphere Web Client Plug-in at this time.

Unfortunately, right now, only certain HPE SimpliVity options will be available, and from what we both see, resizing a datastore is not one.

Hopefully in the future the html5 client will provide additional features.

Thanks,

Declan.

Accept or Kudo

Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Actually I saw no HPE Simplivity menu at all in the HTML5 interaface ... not that big integration 

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

@Stefano Colombo

From what I can see, actions are only available on the individual VM level.

I think the main benefit of html5 right now, is speed for navigating and monitoring.

VM level tasks can be carried out as normal by right clicking on the individual VM in inventory, but no other simplivity actions available at DC, Cluster or host level.

For me, this is what i see at the VM level:

2018-10-16_1257.png

Accept or Kudo