3578 Online
108895 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade manager Firmware Validation Checks failed

Panov
Occasional Contributor

Upgrade manager Firmware Validation Checks failed

Hello,

Upgrade manager validation check failed with error saying iLO5 is not recognized. Current versions are:

Omnistack - 4.1.3
VMware ESXi - 7.0 Update 3k
SVTSP 2023_0110.01 

and I want to ugprade to the latest 4.2.0 and SVTSP-2023_0502.02 but the same error appeared in the past upgrades as well. So I had to upgrade firmware by applying SVTSP manually which is more time consuming. Hardware is ProLiant DL380 Gen10 with iLO firmware 2.72 Sep 04 2022 and iLO user with "Administrator" role

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
Kipp_Glover
HPE Pro

Hi Panov!

Please try one thing to see if this resolves your issue.   Reset the iLO. 

• Login to iLO, go to Information -> Diagnostics and press "Reset" under "iLO Reset" to reset the iLO.

If this does not help, then please open a support case and let me know the case number. 

Thanks!
/Kipp

I work for HPE
Thomas_Strebel
Occasional Contributor

Hi Panov!

We have the exact same problem with almost the same system setup.
Omnistack - 4.1.2.185
VMware ESXi 7.0 Update 3c

We tried the update in a six node cluster but only one of the hosts showed this error, the rest seems fine. I think this might me a host Issue rather than a Upgrade manager issue. We also opened a Ticket with HPE, but according to the supporter everything looks good in the manager logs. He sugested doing a iLO reset but that didn't help. I'm currently running a test in another cluster, so far looks fine. which makes it even more likely to be a Host Issue.

upgrade_manager.jpg