HPE Synergy
1768308 Members
2562 Online
108966 Solutions
New Discussion

After restoring composer cluster warning message about duplicate WWNs MAC addresses etc

SOLVED
Go to solution
cer113
Frequent Advisor

After restoring composer cluster warning message about duplicate WWNs MAC addresses etc

Hi

I had issue with cluster and had to reimage one of the composers factory reset it and then cluster formed

But now I have this message. I have removed newly created WWNs Mac addresses but this message just wont go away

The appliance has been started under circumstances where the database may not match the managed environment. To prevent unintentional allocation of duplicate MAC address, world wide names and serial numbers, existing ranges have been disabled. For these identifiers, replacement ranges have been created. If none of these identifiers have been allocated since the time when the database matched the managed environment, it is safe to re-enable the range and remove the replacement range. When keeping a replacement range, ensure it does not conflict with addresses or identifiers used in the environment.

ANy way to get rid of this message or what needs to be done as this is been for last several hours and will not go away

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
thutchings
HPE Pro

Re: After restoring composer cluster warning message about duplicate WWNs MAC addresses et

Hello,

This will normally only occur following a restore. Is that what happened here? If you disabled the new range of addresses and the alert is still present, then all you should have to do is mark this alert as cleared. Have you performed this step yet? Sometimes the Active alerts will not clear on their own, so it may require manual intervention. If the alert comes back, then there is likely something else required to be looked at.

Regards

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
cer113
Frequent Advisor

Re: After restoring composer cluster warning message about duplicate WWNs MAC addresses et

How would I clear this alert

ONe View doesnt have any function to do that

DanCernese
HPE Pro
Solution

You really should keep this handy:  https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sd00002977en_us&page=GUID-D7147C7F-2016-0901-066E-0000000004BC.html

Click on the "Details":  There is a pulldown for all alerts that can be cleared, look under the "State" column. 

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo