New Discussion

Frame link module not connected to standby

SOLVED
Go to solution
cer113
Frequent Advisor

Frame link module not connected to standby

Hi

I have 2 Synergy enclosures and it is configured however I wanted to test if i unplug both frame link modules from one enclosure

When I put it back all lights came green however OneView cannot see that. I have tried to reset it in one View but still the same

Do I have to go to HP Synergy console to do factory resetFrame link modules.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
DanCernese
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Frame link module not connected to standby

You have broken the LINK ring in such a way that the two Composers cannot talk-- causing a "split brain" situation that requires manual intervention.  You were supposed to connect to the console of one or both of the Composers and choose the one that you know was previously the active composer-- or at least choose one and tell the other it's ok.  There will be an error/instructions on the console maintenance interface explaining this.

Since you have already tried to reset it in OneView, the situation may be worse.. ..and you'll have to see what the status of each is in the console.  If it is unrecoverable yes you might have to factory reset one of them.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
cer113
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for this fine explanation. Ya I figured it will be factory reset of standby as active is fine and working

I will factory reset this standby

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @cer113,

We are glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo