HPE Synergy
1776900 Members
2306 Online
109061 Solutions
New Discussion

Query: Pass the both types of Traffic FC and Ethernet of VC100 SE F32 module with Single CNA mezz

SobhanLangbi

Pass the both types of Traffic FC and Ethernet of VC100 SE F32 module with Single CNA mezz

My Infrartrastructure has been included in the below information

HPE Synergy 660 Gen10 Compute Module.
HPE Synergy 4820C 10/20/25Gb Converged Network Adapter.
HPE Virtual Connect SE 100Gb F32 Module for HPE Synergy with FC License.

I have put the mentioned CNA mezzanine in M3, also VC100 SE has installed ICM 3 and 6, so I need to send both types of traffic outside. my tip is here I have just a CNA mezzanine card. As far as I know, the Converged Network Adapter can pass both traffic, so how we should configure this?

My uplink toward the network got from Q1 of both VC100 and for FC uplink, I have attached QSFP to SFP28 and set Q5:1 of both VC100 is linked to 6630 SAN Switch.

Is it important to which ICM should I install VC 100?
Is it possible to handle FC traffic just with a Mezz card and VC SE100 with a license?
If it would be possible I need to create Network in Oneview as FCoE or FC?

Does it need specific action on VC SE 100 for this order?

Thanks in advanced

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Pass the both types of Traffic FC and Ethernet of VC100 SE F32 module with Single CNA

Hello,

Though I have very less understanding of Virtual Connects and Synergy, I suggest that you review the section "Defining HPE Synergy Image Streamer uplink sets in logical interconnects" of the HPE OneView User Guide for HPE Synergy and see if this is of any help.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

DanCernese
HPE Pro

Re: Pass the both types of Traffic FC and Ethernet of VC100 SE F32 module with Single CNA

You really should take some training or consider contacting a partner for deployment services.

Is it important to which ICM should I install VC 100?

Yes.  This is documented in many places, such as the QuickSpecs, and cabling guide.  If you haven't read the cabling guide please stop and study it.  The location of the interconnects determines the required mezz slot for every adapter.

Is it possible to handle FC traffic just with a Mezz card and VC SE100 with a license?

Yes

If it would be possible I need to create Network in Oneview as FCoE or FC?

Yes, OneView has extensive online help.  It also has a setup Wizard-- you need to learn each of those steps.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Pass the both types of Traffic FC and Ethernet of VC100 SE F32 module with Single CNA mezz

Hello,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query, and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo