108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problems updateting Synergy nodes

SOLVED
Go to solution
ThomasSchwarz
Frequent Visitor

Problems updating HPE Synergy nodes

We are facing problems with updating Synergy nodes over OneView. We installed a number of Synergy nodes with Windows Server 2016 for testing purposes. All nodes have server profiles assinged with the SPP „HPE Synergy Custom SPP 2018110 2019 02 15 version 2019.02.15.00“ and the installation method set to „Firmware and OS Drivers using Smart Update Tools“. After OS installation we installed iSuT and AMS and were able to stage and deploy firmware and drivers to all nodes. After finishing all tests we reinstalled Windows Server 2016, iSuT and AMS. But now we are not able to deploy any firmware or drivers. iSuT says: „No action needed, firmware deployment request and iLO task queue both are empty“ Firmware should already be up to date but no software oder drivers can be installed on any of the nodes. iSuT says: C:\Program Files\SUT\bin>sut.exe /status This operation may take a while System Update Manager...................: HPE OneView Update Manager URL......................: https://10.220.0.1 Deploy Type.............................: FirmwareAndOSDrivers Task Status.............................: Bios:N/A; LocalStorage:N/A; Deploy:Activated Staging Directory.......................: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\sut\stagingdirectory Baseline URI............................: None Baseline Version........................: Waiting for staging Mode of Operation.......................: OnDemand Polling Interval In Minutes.............: 5 Force Deploy............................: No Optional Components.....................: None EnableiLOQueuedUpdates..................: true User Action Needed......................: None. Activation is complete and node is updated with the current baseline iLO Security Mode.......................: Production C:\Program Files\SUT\bin>sut.exe /stage No action needed, firmware deployment request and iLO task queue both are empty. Starting SUM locally on a node and let it perform an inventory shows a number of drivers an software that has to be installed. But we don’t want to mix installation procedures and want to update our servers per OneView. Following things didn‘t help: - Setting the „Force installation“ switch in server profiles. - Reapply the server Profile to thh node - Creating new server profiles and assigning them. Any ideas? Greetings Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
jsm6
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Thomas,

What version of OV/SUT is being used in your environment?

Most of these are fixed in OV 4.20.2 and latest SUT version.

I would suggest to try below options.

1.Try the latest OV/iSUT versions.
2.Remove and re-add the SPP from OV and the re-try update.
3.If still issue persists, 

- Delete the profile

- Re-add the server profile with Firmware setting to "Manually Managed"
- Once applied, again change Firmware setting to "Firmware and OS Drivers Using SUT"  and re-try the update.

If still not resolved, Please open a HP support case for further investigation.

Thanks

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ThomasSchwarz
Frequent Visitor

Hi jsm6,

deleting the firmware bundle from OneView and uploading it again, did it.  Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings

Thomas

DanCernese
HPE Pro

That's a workaround.  As jsm indicated above, "Most of these are fixed in OV 4.20.2 and latest SUT version."

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Baptt
Occasional Visitor

We have exactly the same problem with OneView 5.00.01-0410269 and SPP Synergy 201912 2020 01 25. This prolem is not totally solved in the 4.20 I guess.

Raghav_A1
HPE Pro

Hi Baptt,

Make sure you are using the latest version of ISUT and AMS on your server.  Reset the ILO and then try to update.

Hope this will help!

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo