2861 Online
108966 Solutions
New Discussion

Stale logical interconnects in configuration

LoSte87
Occasional Contributor

Stale logical interconnects in configuration

Hi Guys,

Few weeks ago, we tried to grow our Synergy environment by adding a second frame to the configuration. Unfortunatelly something went wrong during the process and we had to engage HPE to help us fixing the issue.

After some time, we figured our that the FC interconnects installed in frame two were causing the problem, hence we removed from from the config and at that point we were able to complete the grow process.

The problem is that now we are not able to add the two FC interconnects to the configuration and everytime we try to do so the process fails and a logical interconnct is created with errors, without any way to remove it. Even removing the interconnects from the related enclosure group configuration and updating the logical enclosure fails. Basically we ended up with multiple stale logical interconnects, without any phisical interconnect associated, in the configuration. And the two FC interconnects cannot be added to the config.

This is how the enclosure group looks like and the logical enclosure is consistent with it.

EG.png

However, there are multiple logical interconnects still defined in the configuration which should no longer be there. They are  not linked to any interconnect.

LI.png

The related logical interconnect groups can't be removed from the configuration as OneView says there are logical interconnects using them, even if those logical interconnects are not part of the configuration.

Also, when OneView created the logical interconnects this error occured. I am wondering whether there might be some stale data in the OneView database that has not been cleared. Looks like OneView also tried to delete the logical interconnect, the "Delete" task, but it's still there.

Error.png

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Stefano

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Stale logical interconnects in configuration

I would suggest a support case for this issue. There isn't much we can do here based on the state you are in.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo