New Discussion юеВ

Synergy Scale-out Issue while adding a frame to a 2-frame cluster

SOLVED
Go to solution
SertacArslan

Synergy Scale-out Issue while adding a frame to a 2-frame cluster

Hi,

The environment summary is as follows:

- A new frame needs to be added to a structure with 2 frames.
- Not in prod yet. We simulate the growth process we will do in the production environment. Since we will do the same process in production, it needs to be uninterrupted.
- Since there are SAN modules in the existing chassis, there are 3 LIGs in the current config: network_LIG, FRM1_SANLIG and FRM2_SANLIG

When we proceed according to  "HPE Synergy Grow Best Practices Adding Enclosures to an existing HPE OneView Logical Enclosure" documentation (https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00054159en_us) , we are getting the attached error message during the "Edit the existing logical enclosure" operation on Page7

There is an advisory (a00086327en_us) regarding this error, but we could not fully understand the action in this advisory. I couldn't find any other source and kindly need a help.  

Regards,

image (1).png, . We get

4 REPLIES 4
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Re: Synergy Scale-out Issue while adding a frame to a 2-frame cluster

"Unexpected problem" strongly suggests a support dump and support case will require analysis.  The advisory you found about the grow limitation is when your LIGs are using different uplink sets / networks and you have to make them match.  If they already match it must be a new problem

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
SertacArslan

@DanCernese  Thank you for your valuable feedback. I've created a support case for the issue. I'll share the final solution.

Regards,

Sertac

SertacArslan
Solution

We were getting an error because the interconnect cables going to the 3rd chassis were connected to their counterparts in the 1st and 2nd chassis. When we removed it, it did not cause any errors. After editting LE, we plugged in the interconnect cables and did LE update from group.

Thank you for your support..

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @SertacArslan,

Perfect! 

We are glad to know the problem has been resolved and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo