New Discussion

Re: Backup Aruba 7030 Controller in IMC

SOLVED
Go to solution
EnricoS8
Visitor

Backup Aruba 7030 Controller in IMC

Hello there,

I'm trying to backup Aruba 7030 Controllers.

It seems that the controller blocks the file transfer from the controller to the IMC.
SSH login and SNMP read community are OK.
I'm using :

- IMC version 7.3;
- Aruba 7030 firmware: Version 6.5.4.7 (64552)

I set various type of transfer mode; for every type i write here down the error I get:

TFTP : Failed to execute script.
FTP : FTP server not started.
SFTP : The transmission protocol is not supported.
SCP : The transmission protocol is not supported.

I can't find out how to enable any of these transfers mode.

Thank you for your help

5 REPLIES 5
NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Imc uses scripts to do these tasks. If the device is not supported or fully supported you can copy and modify the scripts to work with your device. Sometimes the scripts have some errors, as well. These are called adapters

Articles about these can be found on this board. Here's a post that cover how I modified an adpater for a discontinued procurve device.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/IMC/Change-Add-backup-script/m-p/6745905

Search on adapter for others.

EnricoS8
Visitor

Hello NeilR

Thank you for your reply.

I found the scripts you told me in "C:\Program Files\iMC\server\conf\adapters\ICC\Aruba Networks" but i couldn't find the scripts for my Aruba 7030 controller.

I tried also to update IMC to the latest version 7.3_E0605P04; this added the script for a new Aruba device but not for my Aruba 7030 Controller.

I will try to call HP support to know if they have the scripts for my device, don't have any other idea ;-)

Thank you for your help

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Defintely let HP know and find out if they have plans for that device. Aruba support has been increasing as HPE is integrating the aruba brand.

Your only other option is to take an existing similar set of adpater scripts, and modify them to work with your device.

RPapaux
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hello,

I have a aruba IAP network and I have interated the Virtual Controller into the IMC configuration management.

Config backup and restore work perfectly out of the box, even tough IAP's are not officially supported under IMC.

So I do not see why controller based networks - which are supported - should not work.

I'm running IMC 7.3 with the standard aruba adapter provided by HPE. IMC uses the CLI adaptor mode to backup aruba controller, independantly wheter you use TFTP or SCP. So the apdater should generate commands like this:

copy flash: flashbackup.tar.gz tftp: <tftphost> <destinationfile>

or

copy flash:flashbackup.tar.gz scp: <scphost> <username> <destinationfilename>

Of course you need to ensure that the backup archive has been created on the controller before.

So try to perform the backup manually with SSH to figure out the exact syntax and then look into the IMC configuration management logfiles to find what happens.

Regards

Ray

EnricoS8
Visitor

Hi Ray 

thank you for your reply!

Definitely you're right, your reply was illuminant to me!

IMC seems to use "adapters" only for devices not "inbound" supported.

looking into deep logs I discovered the TFTP server on my IMC server was not responding.

I was sure that also other devices was using TFTP server, insted I was wrong.

Once I resolved the TFTP server problem, the Backup task completed in few seconds!

the commands given to the aruba controllers by the IMC server are:

#copy running-config tftp: 192.168.177.30 192.168.250.115_running_20180803165121.cfg

#copy startup-config tftp: 192.168.177.30 192.168.250.115_startup_20180803165134.cfg

Thank you Ray and NeilR for your help!

solved!