4705 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

[ETA] IMC 7.0 ?

internalnews
Frequent Advisor

[ETA] IMC 7.0 ?

Hi,

does anyone know when IMC 7.0 will officially be released and our customers need to upgrade their licenses for it?

IMC 7.0.png

6 REPLIES 6
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

Re: [ETA] IMC 7.0 ?

I believe that would be end of September or October (2013 :) ), but I have seen nothing official about it so far. Since it is a major release update, I would expect a license change as well, this might be covered if you have an active support contract however.

So I am also waiting for more news ...

Best regards,Peter.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

IMC v7 has now been released. Available for download at the usual places.

I haven't seen confirmation either way on whether existing licenses will keep working or not.
Carsick0
Occasional Advisor

@LindsayHill wrote:
IMC v7 has now been released. Available for download at the usual places.

I haven't seen confirmation either way on whether existing licenses will keep working or not.

I upgraded from version 5.2 to 7.0 and lost 50% of my licenced nodes. It is currently with HP who are looking into it. I am also aware of one other person that the same thing has happened to, so you might want to hold off upgrading until we get to the bottom of it. I have IMC standard with an additional 100 node licence giving a total of 200 nodes and now I can only manage 100 nodes.

I'm only adding this comment to let others know what happened to me and not to criticise HP and the current case that is open with them.

Carrick

jguse
HPE Pro

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the licensing. Your IMC 5.2 licenses are still valid for 7.0 and should have been converted to the equivalents upon upgrading. Please let us know how your issue gets resolved.

The licensing model for IMC 7.0 has changed, and all editions are now sold only as <Platform> with 50 nodes, along with only +50 additional node increments. This was done to simplify the licensing model, reducing the number of SKUs and making it easier to buy & sell. The My Networking portal was also updated to support batch license registration (redeem multiple licenses of the same type from an Order number).
Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
cschnappinger
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

we're currently using iMC Version 5.2 and think about upgrading to version 7, because of SFTP / SCP support for ProVisioning devices.. at the moment we're managing about 60 devices!

My question ... after upgrading, are we only able to manage 50 devices and have to buy  an additional license for 50 devices ?

Thanks a lot

Christian

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

If you have licenses for 100 nodes now, then you will have licenses for 100 nodes after upgrade.

If you were buying a new license, then they come in 50-node packs. But because they've halved the price, you will pay no more than before - you might even pay less, if you only needed say 150 nodes, not 200.