1748122 Members
3472 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC 5: backup of configuration files not working - SNMP/MIB issue?

snoms
Occasional Advisor

IMC 5: backup of configuration files not working - SNMP/MIB issue?

Hi,

I´m having problems setting up automated backup within IMC 5. I setup SNMPv3. According to IMC it is obviously working.

When I manally hit the "backup configuration file" I get the folowing message, looking at the detailed view of "SNMP Set operation failed."

1	Initialize task parameters.	Succeeded.	
2	Back up device running configuration file to iMC Server.	SNMP Set operation failed.	1. Check that the iCC supports the device in Hardware and Software Compatibility Matrix.
2. Check that the SNMP parameters are correct. With SNMPv3 adopted, the username, authentication password, privacy password and privacy mode for the device and the iMC should be the same.
3. Check the MIB style (Execute the display mib-style command. If the MIB style is displayed as new, but it displays that the node sending the Set request is 2011 after packet capturing, synchronize the device. Check the MIB style again. If the MIB style is still inconsistent, execute the mib-style [ new | compatible ] command, and then restart the device.).
4. Error code such as no such name may occur for the Set operation. You need to capture packets to analyze whether such error occurs in the response received by the device.
5. Device busy, please retry later.

When I enter Alam => trap management => browse traps and look at the traps, that switch is sending me:

Device MIB Access Exception
	OID		1.3.6.1.4.1.2011.10.4.1.1.2.6.3
	More Traps...
	Description		Error occurred when accessing the MIB on device ...
	Trap Cause		Device can be pinged, but SNMP operation return an error. Causes: 1. Device does not support the MIB. 2. Mibview range limit.
	Remediation Suggestion		1. Update device version 2. Check the mibview setting on device. Please acknowledge the fault manually when all the problems have been fixed because it is a kind of fault notify trap which will not be recovered automatically.

So, it says I should look at SNMP, which is obviously working:

Name		Device SNMP Accessible
	OID		1.3.6.1.4.1.2011.10.4.1.1.2.6.14
	Trap at		
	Trap Source		
	More Traps...
	Description		The communication of device "           " is back to normal, SNMP access is available.
	Trap Cause		Device SNMP parameter is corret.
	Remediation Suggestion		No repair required.
	Trap Parameter		
Parameter Name

Next thing is MIBs. And here we are: System => Ressource Management => MIB Management. Well I loaded many 3COM and H3C mibs. My assumption is, that I´m using the wrong files.

My switch is HP E4800 (former 3Com 4800G) with software R2208

display mib-style
 Current MIB style: 3Com
 Next reboot MIB style: 3Com

Perhaps someone also had this issues or knows what´s going wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Udi_Dahan
Occasional Visitor

Hi man,

I'm also having this issue now.

Most of my devices are HP 5500.

Did you find a solution eventually?

Thanks.

FredIMC
Occasional Visitor

It's maybe late to answer for this question.

This error comes usually when you change the hardware or use a template with errors

You can try to  fix erros on snmp community & users and also enter this command to fix the local engine ID :

system-view

undo snmp-agent local-engineid

you can save manually by the command "save" and try to save automatically after by IMC

I hope this message will help you !!

Bon courage

FredIMC
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

To complete my previous post, this errors occurs in several hardware with an old firmware with bugs (S5500)

You must upgrade the switch with the new firmware or you can restart the snmp agent on the hardware to save the switch :

system-view

undo snmp-agent

snmp-agent

You can save the switch by IMC after these commands

Bye