5948 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC 7.2 not saving startup config

BadHabit
Advisor

IMC 7.2 not saving startup config

Hi,

I´m using IMC 7.2 to configure lots of COmware 7 devices, but had now several cases where for example a port-VLAN config or description added through IMC is gone after a switch restart, so not saved to the startup config.

I can´t find any configuration option here, how to tell IMC to always save changes to the startup config (via CLI it would be "save force"?

Thanks in advance.

Matthias

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

If you're deploying configuration, there is a "save" option. But I think that maybe you're just making changes from the interface details page?

I don't think you can change the default behaviour to tell it to save after pushing that change. 

But from the Device Details page, you can trigger a save. Should be Under Device Management on the right.

BadHabit
Advisor

Hi,

actually thanks, I´ve never seen that button :-)

But, what about deploying VLANs through the global VLAN management (Add Member)? This configuration is also not saved to startup config, but while deploying VLANs to X switches it can´t be the idea to open every switch details again to press save, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Matthias

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You can use Resource -> Batch Operation -> Save Configuration to save the config of multiple devices at once.

However, that's not ideal. I don't _think_ there's a way to save the config directly from the VLAN Manager, but I've never been a big user of it. If you can't find it, you may need to put in a feature request.