1748180 Members
3896 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC Add Cisco AP Device

ChrisOD
Occasional Contributor

IMC Add Cisco AP Device

I am using IMC 5.0 Standard Edition and have just started using it.  I will be updating my network to all H3C (A) switches, but I need to get a handle on using IMC with my old Cisco devices.  When I add my current devices, the Cisco switches are defined properly except for the APs.  They all get defined as Device Model ICMP instead of wireless and none of the SNMP information is collected.  Most of my Cisco APs are AIR-AP1131AG-A-K9 models and I have collected SNMP data using other programs, so I'm pretty sure the SNMP is set up correctly.

Do I need to download a MIB for these?  The other Cisco devices seemed to be fine.

Also, the AP telnet login is slightly different than the other Cisco switches since they prompt for the user first and then the password whereas the telnet login for wired switches prompts only for the password.  I have that set up and have tried several other user/password options under the Telnet setup, but the APs always come in as ICMP.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

1 REPLY 1
ChrisOD
Occasional Contributor

Re: IMC Add Cisco AP Device

This problem is resolved.  I had to redefine the Cisco SNMP communities to just  'RO' and 'RW' with no other parameters.