1754092 Members
3673 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC: Disk full

Willy_Egli

IMC: Disk full

Hi

The disk from my HPE Intelligent Management Center is full. (syslog_db01)

Where in the IMC can I delete old syslogs, old configs, ...

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: IMC: Disk full

Hello,

If your disk is already full, I would suggest checking under iMC\client\backup folder. There are subfolders there where each of the separate Data Exports (accessed via GUI on System > System Configuration > Data Export) saves the exported data from the database to text file archives. Particularly in Syslog you should see a lot of older files - if you no longer need these Syslogs, please archive them off the disk or delete them to free up space.

By default the Data Export feature should be configured to export logs like Syslog automatically, every 60 days exporting the oldest 30 days of logs, which will reduce the usage of the DB and put those exported entries into text files in the location I mentioned above.

Once you have recovered some disk space, I would suggest checking the Syslog-specific export settings and making sure the export happens often enough. You can also configure it to automatically delete the old exported files to free up the disk space after some time, as shown in the screenshot below.

DataExport_Syslog.png

Hope that helps...

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo