1752290 Members
4912 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC Trial Version

aali
Frequent Advisor

IMC Trial Version

We have a customer who is currently evaluationg HP IMC.   The IMC 60-Day Trial Version expired and since they haven't finished evaluating they would like to extend the trial version which is not possible as far as I know.

I recommended to re-install IMC again so they could use it again for another 60 days.  Is it possible to backup the auto-disovery (whatever they have discovered so far) and then restore it back to the newly re-installed IMC?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC Trial Version

Three options I can think of:

1/ Use Resource -> Import/Export device to export your list of nodes as CSV, then import it back to the rebuilt system. Not perfect, but isn't too bad.

2/ Just rediscover the systems on the rebuilt system. Not that hard using auto-discovery tools, assuming they don't have 15 different SNMP strings.

3/ Probably the best option - just ask a friendly HP contact to generate an eval license. It's usually not very difficult to get a new time-limited license generated, and then you don't need to change any config. In my experience, HP has been quite happy to provide extended eval licenses to potential customers (after all, they want you to like it and buy it!)