1752795 Members
5853 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC Upgrade 7.1 to 7.2 not working - Restart common update program with installer javahome

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dornhoefer
Occasional Visitor

IMC Upgrade 7.1 to 7.2 not working - Restart common update program with installer javahome

Hello, I am trying to upgrade our IMV installation from 7.1 via 7.2 to 7.3.
The installer always is stuck at the begnning of the installation process.
The components which are about to be upgraded are listed correctly, then the GUI disappears and CPU utilisation remains at about 70%. In the log folder C:\Windows\iMC-Reserved\log there are thounsands of log files created, several each second, containing messages like:

2019-11-07 14:05:09 [INFO ] [main] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.CommonComponentUpdateLauncher::checkEnv(165)] Find installer javahome: C:\iMC_PLAT_7.2_E0403_Basic\windows\install\.\common\jre_windows, which not equals to current javahome: C:\iMC_PLAT_7.2_E0403_Basic\windows\install\common\jre_windows. Restart common update program with installer javahome
2019-11-07 14:05:09 [INFO ] [main] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.CommonComponentUpdateLauncher::launchUpdater(312)] Launch common update program with: [C:\iMC_PLAT_7.2_E0403_Basic\windows\install\common\jre_windows\bin\javaw.exe, -Xmx256m, -Dinstaller.dir=C:\iMC_PLAT_7.2_E0403_Basic\windows\install\., -cp, C:\iMC_PLAT_7.2_E0403_Basic\windows\install\components\common\deploy\deploy.jar, com.h3c.imc.deploy.CommonComponentUpdateLauncher, autoStart]

So for me the reason seems to be the message "IMC Basic Edition Upgrade 7.1 to 7.2 not working - Restart common update program with installer java javahome". If I compare the path is once written with a "\.\" and once only with a backslash. I already tried to modify the install.bat and replaced the variable with the absolute java home path, but the problem remains. The first part of the installer works, presumably using Java, but then another routine is called.

Anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
ahpawgol
Frequent Advisor

Re: IMC Upgrade 7.1 to 7.2 not working - Restart common update program with installer javahome

Trying to upgrade from 7.3 (E0703) to (E0705) with dma.sh I got following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid dbType: Dameng
	at com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.BuildDatabaseTask.getValueByKeyFromProperties(BuildDatabaseTask.java:267)
	at com.h3c.imc.deploy.install.wizard.InstallFolderChoosePanelDescriptor.checkComponentsShouldBeInstall(InstallFolderChoosePanelDescriptor.java:663)
	at com.h3c.imc.deploy.install.wizard.InstallFolderChoosePanelDescriptor.access$200(InstallFolderChoosePanelDescriptor.java:99)
	at com.h3c.imc.deploy.install.wizard.InstallFolderChoosePanelDescriptor$ComponentsCheckingWorkingDialog.doWork(InstallFolderChoosePanelDescriptor.java:1544)
	at com.h3c.imc.deploy.install.wizard.InstallFolderChoosePanelDescriptor$ComponentsCheckingWorkingDialog.doWork(InstallFolderChoosePanelDescriptor.java:1489)
	at com.h3c.imc.deploy.wizard.WorkingDialog$ProgressWorker.doInBackground(WorkingDialog.java:282)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:304)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:343)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

So I tried to upgrade by running ./install.sh script from within the install directory of E0705 version but then I got same error as mentioned in original post here which explains somehow that one should

go to the installation directory which contains install.sh script and being within this directory run command:

./common/jre_linux64/bin/java -Xmx256m -Dinstaller.dir=`pwd` -cp ./components/common/deploy/deploy.jar com.h3c.imc.deploy.CommonComponentUpdateLauncher autoStart

pwd should be replaced by current directory which can be eg. /iMC_PLAT_7.3_E0705_Enterprise_Linux/linux/install/

pattap
Regular Advisor
Solution

I'm not sure if this is it but what is your path to  java within IMC installation?Mine for example is as per the below

<imcInstallationHD>Program Files\iMC\common\jre

is yours HD>Program Files\iMC\common\jre_windows ?

I'm wondering if installation expects jre_windows and yours is jre?

I had similar problem before where  I had problems with upgrading, in my case java containing directory was jkd, changing it to jre solved some issues. It's easy enough to try.

ahpawgol
Frequent Advisor

My issue was on linux and java path was within install directory of unzipped IMC package. Above mentioned command solved the problem. The problem also does not exist if upgrading from 0605 version.