1753879 Members
7389 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installation of IMC (windows 7/64 bits) failed with the error: connecting to the database failed

LuizSergio
Occasional Contributor

Installation of IMC (windows 7/64 bits) failed with the error: connecting to the database failed

I'm trying to install the IMC on my windows 7/64 bits, but when I run the install.bat I'm getting the following error: 

connecting to the database failed
make sure that the database is running normally and you have input correct login information

I tried many solution for this error with no success. may someone help me?

Regards,

Luiz

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: Installation of IMC (windows 7/64 bits) failed with the error: connecting to the database failed

What database are you using? Local or remote?

I don't think Windows7 is a supported platform, but it might work. I'm not sure that it's worth trying though, you might as well just run a Linux or Win2008 VM.

Pack3tL0ss
Valued Contributor

Windows 7 is not an officially supported OS for IMC, but I doubt that's your specific issue here, just something to keep in mind as you might have trouble when it comes to support installing on an unsupported OS.

On the database issue as Lindsay alluded to, the root of the issue is going to be dependent on how your database is deployed.

The documentation will run through the steps, and especially crucial for a remote database.  With a remote database you need to install the MS SQL client pieces.  If you were intending to use or installed the embedded (MS SQL Express) database then it may be an issue with the unsupported OS.  Not sure.

hp.com/networking/support then search for IMC to find the docs.  You'll want the

'HP Intelligent Management Center Centralized Deployment Guide with xxxxx Database' Document.  Again their are some crucial steps regarding the client tools required if the database is remote.

Thanks,

PL

ehti7865

i ma trying to install imc 7.1 but i facing same issue , installing on window server 2008 r2 sp1 with local sql 2008 r2 database

@Pack3tL0ss wrote:

Windows 7 is not an officially supported OS for IMC, but I doubt that's your specific issue here, just something to keep in mind as you might have trouble when it comes to support installing on an unsupported OS.

On the database issue as Lindsay alluded to, the root of the issue is going to be dependent on how your database is deployed.

The documentation will run through the steps, and especially crucial for a remote database.  With a remote database you need to install the MS SQL client pieces.  If you were intending to use or installed the embedded (MS SQL Express) database then it may be an issue with the unsupported OS.  Not sure.

hp.com/networking/support then search for IMC to find the docs.  You'll want the

'HP Intelligent Management Center Centralized Deployment Guide with xxxxx Database' Document.  Again their are some crucial steps regarding the client tools required if the database is remote.

Thanks,

PL