1754807 Members
3826 Online
108825 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: List of supported devices

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Seems it's still the same process as detailed above.

Are there specific devices you're looking to check?
HarrySpeakup
Occasional Contributor

Looking at support for newer HP/Cisco devices, eg HP 2920, 5930, 11900 and Cisco 6800, 3650, Nexus 7700/6k etc.

Would be nice to see the supported devices lists publically published/updated regularly, as per warranty statements etc, to show customers current status per IMC releases... (mainly for HP devices, but third party would also be useful!)

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You're right, it would be great to see a published list. It's something I've spoken to the product team about on several occasions. No luck yet though.

As a general rule, the newer kit won't yet be officially supported in IMC. However...if IMC already supports other similar devices, then it's easy to add support for the new devices yourself, so IMC can do backups, etc.

An example is the Cisco 3650 - the config backup process is the same as existing Cisco IOS-based systems. You just need to add the sysObjectID to one XML file, to tell IMC which backup adapter to use. You may also need to add the definition for that system to the web interface, so it shows up as a "Cisco 3650", not "Cisco Catalyst Switch".

It only gets a bit more interesting if you want to add support for device classes that are not currently there - e.g. Fortinet systems. We're trying to build up a group of 3rd-party adapters that can be added in to support those systems. It's slowly growing.
HarrySp
Occasional Advisor

Will IMCsupport customers existing NAM cards in 6500 chassis?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@HarrySp wrote:

Will IMCsupport customers existing NAM cards in 6500 chassis?

I haven't used the NAM cards myself, so I don't know how they appear to an NMS. What sort of support are you looking for?

HarrySp
Occasional Advisor

I was wondering how IMC would recognise them (IMC supported devices list!), and what functionality it would/could provide, around thier Netflow capabilities

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I haven't used the NAM cards, so forgive my ignorance, but does it show up as a linecard in a device, or does it have its own management interface? (IP address, SNMP, CLI, etc)

If it exports standard NetFlow, then IMC will probably be able to parse it. If it does something "interesting", then IMC will have issues. (That's what happens with ASA).

Being listed as a "supported device" or not doesn't necessarily mean much for IMC. If the device doesn't show up with the right model name, you can easily change that yourself. If IMC doesn't natively support device config backup/restore, you can write your own adapter for it. If the device can be monitored via SNMP + CLI, you can probably do things with it in IMC.

You might want to run up a trial IMC server, and see if it does what you need.

HarrySp
Occasional Advisor

Did anyone find docuementation/matrix for 3rd party device support within IMC v7.x?

MAlan
Occasional Contributor

Hello does anyone knows if there is an updated list of supported devices?

wkong
Occasional Advisor

Does anyone got the device compatibility list?